Dear friends, let us account for what we’ve done for the present moment. It is medical suits. These are not sterile but wrapped hermetically, so we cannot show them to you in detail, sorry. All these arrived in Kyiv and are waiting to be transported to city hospitals.
Here’s the entire batch of medical coats, or suits: there are 200 items of these so far. In the nearest future we are expecting to get respirators which will be transferred to hospitals along with the suits. Well, actually these dispensable medical coats are far from being perfect, still we believe it’s much better than nothing. Medics will be able to use them temporarily, until we get them full protection suits.
As of today, we have purchased:
- 200 units of FFP2 class respirators; these were bought and immediately sent to medics in Mykolayiv.
- Another batch of 200 respirators has been paid for, and 300 more items ordered. Now we’re waiting for the delivery; that batch is for Kyiv.
- Kyiv and Mykolayiv hospitals have got 20 medical suits each. Most probably, we will order more coats for them in the near future.
- Full protection suits remain he most difficult item to purchase. At present, we’re seeking for options to get these. If you happen to know any ways to order these, please get in contact with relevant info, for us to buy these coats as the need remains vital.
- Also, we’re looking for protective face shields/glasses which are practically absent in stock. Yesterday, we bought and sent to doctors a thousand caps and overshoes.
Shortly, we are going to update all our reports with the latest data and papers.
As to the list of hospitals we’re currently supporting.
- The Medical university has suspended their request: they say the authorities have not engaged them into immediate practical participation yet, so it would make sense to distribute the purchased goods among those medics who need them most. We appreciate their
- position and will follow their advice.
- Instead, medics of the Volyn Regional Hospital have joined the initiative. They say the third department of their hospital has been already included into emergency unit, so their medical staff lacks protective equipment much even despite austerity. Naturally, we put them on our list as well.
- The medical suits and respirators we’re expecting to get delivered soon, we are going to distribute among the personnel of Kyiv Regional Hospital and Kyiv Clinical Hospital #4. Their staff lacks equipment badly.
Dear friends, traditionally, we ask you for your assistance.
The list of necessities has been growing day by day, and purchasing is on.
We take this initiative as a matter of utmost importance requiring everyone’s affordable participation and input.