We field a lot of questions from the public. Almost all of them show us, that many people think that a helicopter drone and multicopter are the same thing.
It’s not surprising, cause both of them have four blades and look alike. But we don’t talk about a multicopter. We mean helicopter, even the advanced model of it.
So what’s the difference?
1. A Multicopter is powered by engines with fixed blades, usually of the short diameter and high speed and is operated due to changes in the speed of the blades rotation.
Blades of the normal type force air down and create lift. But they are not appropriate in the case of unlimited air streams. As larger the apparatus weigh, as lower the efficiency. Cause the plane flies due to its wings, but not to the propeller.
2. Multicopter usually has from three to eight propellers and the same quantity of motors. Each motor additionally needs a controller. It enables control of every engine and blade’s traction.
3. The principle of helicopter blade operating is applied in this model. It means that the rotor moves with the fixed speed (nearly 2000 rotations per minute). The blades can change the tilt angles while rotating. For example, if the blades angles equal 0°, than the blades don’t create traction and simply rotate. But as soon as we increase the angle, the traction appears and raises the aircraft in the sky. As bigger the angle is, as stronger the traction. Up to 30°. (I need to point out, that the traction also might be negative, if the blades angle is from 0° to -30°. It enables the planes to fly upside down. All rotors operate alike. There are even big aircraft with the same operational system. It gives the possibility to fly the multicopter principle in the case of simular frequency of rotors speed and the work of one powerful engine.
4. We are going to go further and install the automatic bias on each rotor. Thus rotors will be enabled to vary the traction level and change the traction direction.
Pulling the rotor traction we get the movement forward without a body inclination. Only the blades will incline separately.
5. How to arrange the turning? Easy, by inclining the front and back blades traction in different directions.
6. The complication of construction, means this is not easy. Nevetheless, this kind of operation system is programmed within all the helicopter models in at least in one instance. We are using four quality devices.
7. What is it for: body stability in relation the blades. The body works as stable camera platform with a huge lens and zoom. Any volatility within the 4-5 km distance are unacceptable)
8. The complicity of screws operation simplifies the camera mount and enables the drone to fulfill tasks that once were impossible.
9. The weight and size. Huge and powerful meaning it is not designed for flights in the areas of constant fire. Its mission – to reach high altitudes and from further away to observe everything by powerful optics.
10. The power supply will enable to carry the radar, to identify enemy’s drones and, for example, cover them with netting.
11. Motor power enables to create lift of up to 87 kg. Naturally, the blades have to transform this huge energy. That’s why the rotor blades are big – from 1 to 2 meters.
It gives the opportunity of carrying 20 kg of additional load.
If you have any other questions, we are ready to answer them.