During the Easter holidays a sponsor, who wishes to remain anonymous, donated an Archer TSA 9r/336-55 thermal weapon scope to the Navy SEALs unit.
This is not the first thermal vision device we have supplied to the Seals. Previously we delivered a Guide IR518EC thermal imager.
These scopes are essential for conducting special operations in the dark. The body of the scope is protected for use in bad weather conditions such as rain and snow. Identification is possible at 200 meters, recognition at 400 meters, but target detection is possible even at 1,700 meters.
This model has a built-in recording module, that allows it to retain video information after the identification of a potential target for further analysis. This feature is very useful as the military can use it as a sight as well as a video surveillance device.
Functions of the thermal sight:
– Offline sighting grid with automatic reverse and zoom;
– Ballistic amendments;
– Electronic level;
– Profiles for different weapons or ammunition;
– Multi-mode, built-in photo and video recording module;
– USB interface for data retrieval, management and programming of the sight;
– 2 x optical zoom;
– 2-and 4-fold digital zoom;
– Different color schemes for improving image quality;
– Operational control parameters for sensitivity of the sensor through the established schemes;
– Light sensor to automatically adjust the display brightness;
– Proximity sensor to turn off the display from a distance with the identity of a user device;
– Manual and automatic calibration of the detector;
– Disabled composite video output;
– Remote control.
The Navy SEALs unit is very grateful for such invaluable and essential gear, and promise to keep up their defense of Ukraine.